- What if I go into labor before my Mother-in-law gets here, what will I do with the kids?
- What if I'm not here to get Hallie off the bus after school because I'm having a baby?
- What if the day I go into labor there's no food in the fridge because it's my grocery shopping day? What will Cam and the kids eat?
- What if I can't get a hold of Cameron when I go into labor?
- What if the girls are sick when I go into labor? Who would take care of them?
- How am I going to take care of three kids... Cam and I are now outnumbered, so who gets left to deal with a matter by themselves if they're all crying at once? (heaven forbid!)
- What if my Mother-in-law can't find the girls' blankets or Sydnee's binky (yes, she still has one at night... ugh) when she puts them to bed!?
Cam: "This weekend, we're getting rid of Syd's binky at night." (yes, our 3-yr-old still has a binky at night, but lets not dwell on the bad things I've done as a Mom.) "We can't be babying her anymore."
Me: "O...kay? Are you going to be in charge of that? Cause I'm at home with her all day and I'm not going to be the bad guy right now when I'm about to bring home the reason why she won't be my "baby" anymore."
Cam: "Yep! I'll do it. I'm tired of her having it, and we'll cut the nipple off and attach it to her stuffed dog. We'll call it, Binky Dog."
I have to say, he's on to something. But I guess deep down I'm not ready to take that "baby" part away from Sydnee because it means she isn't the "baby" anymore which breaks my heart. I know it's normal to feel like that just before another baby is born, but I'll let Cam deal with Sydnee's binky issues and I won't tell him that I have three more binky's hidden in different places throughout the house.


No comments:
Post a Comment