Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Scariest Moment as a Mother

I guess Sydnee's actions yesterday (calling 911) prepared us for what would happen today. Last night Sydnee had a low fever and we watched it carefully and this morning she just wanted to be held so we knew she was sick. I was holding her and rocking her when all of a sudden, she started having a seizure in my arms! I panicked and screamed for Cameron to call 911 as I laid Sydnee flat on the couch begging the Lord not to take her away from us. The ambulance came quickly and took her and I to the ER for tests and to make sure she was fine. She is okay now, and her fever is gone hours later, thank goodness! Come to find out Cameron's siblings have had seizures before with fevers, and so have I when I was almost the exact age that Sydnee is. Regardless, it is the scariest moment as a mother, watching your child almost slip away from you in your arms! Makes us realize how fragile life is and how grateful we are to have Sydnee and Hallie. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, you know I won't be sleeping much tonight and I'll probably be holding her the entire night.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow! I can't imagine! I am so glad everything is alright.

Jess said...

That is very terrifying to think about. I'm glad she is better now. Keep us posted. LOL