A couple weekend's ago, I hosted a girl's night out swap meet. What is that, you ask? Well, it was a selfish idea really. I was sick of my wardrobe but didn't want to take the time and money to go shopping for new outfits, and I was in a rut for meal ideas for dinner and I was sick of making the same meals over and over again...hence the girls night out swapmeet.
I had my friends bring two dinner recipes to swap, then they had to bring any and all clothes, shoes, accessories that they are sick of or don't wear anymore to swap. Then before the night was over, we all went "shopping" and took home each others clothes that we thought looked cute and were our size! I was a little worried about how the swapmeet would turn out, but my friends are still talking about it and once in a while at church, we'll stop each other and say, "That's my shirt, It looks so cute on you!" It was a huge hit, and those that wanted clothes went home with one or two grocery bags full of new outfits! It was so fun, so thanks to all my friends who donated tons of cute clothes, it wouldn't have worked without you!
Oh ya, and I made the dessert pictured above at the girl's night out and it was to die for (thanks, Mom for the idea). I had a lot of requests for it, so here is the recipe:
Chocolate Strawberry Trifle
2 large pkgs. chocolate instant pudding mix, made according to pkg.
2 pints strawberries, washed and halved
1 large tub of cool whip
1 box chocolate cake mix, made according to pkg.
1 chocolate bar (optional) for chocolate shavings on top
Directions:
- Make the cake mix ahead of time, allow to cool completely. Cut the cake into 2" squares and lay one layer of cake squares on the bottom of trifle bowl.
- Pour 1/3 of chocolate pudding mix on top of cake squares. Pour just enough pudding to cover the cake squares.
- Lay sliced strawberries on top of chocolate pudding until pudding is covered with strawberries.
- Put a layer of cool whip on top of strawberries.
- Repeat all four layers again until it fills the trifle bowl (you'll have extra to fill another medium sized mixing bowl, probably). Make sure top layer is whipped cream and top with chocolate shavings. Enjoy!


1 comment:
You always come up with the best ideas!
Post a Comment