My family drove to us for Thanksgiving this year, which was so nice that we didn't have to travel, but also nervewrecking since I had never before cooked Thanksgiving Day dinner! The dinner turned out great... because my mom ended up doing the whole thing (well, okay, I stuffed the turkey!) since shortly after putting the turkey in the oven, I got a phone call from Cameron saying he needed to go to the ER after getting injured in our ward's Turkey Bowl. Four hours and a torn MCL later, we arrived home just in time for dinner! Thanks Mom for taking over... next year, I hope to cook the whole thing (yes, that means no more football for Cameron. In Hallie's words, "he's in timeout.")

Other than Cam's sprained knee, it was a fun weekend. We visited the Festival of Trees downtown and we ate and ate and ate... did I mention we ate too? Since Cam is the wonderful baker in our family, he made some delicious desserts: his famous cheesecake, pumpkin pies, and a raspberry chiffon pie (that he saw on a cooking show... how funny is that!?). Yes, they were to die for. I've just gained 10 pounds just from saying the names of each pie!

Above: We caught Hallie tasting the cheesecake. She thought she was in heaven... until she got caught!
Above: Hallie loves playing with my sister, Stacey. Stacey is the best aunt and is always willing to play whatever silly game Hallie thinks of.
Above: One of Hallie's favorite games is playing catch so anyone that will play with her (especially in the house without getting in trouble) she loves. Before playing catch though, she actually reminded everyone, "Don't hit mommy's hearts (they are hanging on my FHE board), that's naughty; and be careful of mommy's picture!" It was pretty funny... at least she knows the rules right!?
2 comments:
Dude, Stacy is in high school?!?! I didn't even recognize her. Crazy?!?! That is awesome your family came to be with you on Thanksgiving.
Way to go Cam! You Voge boys play around like you are still in high school...but your body knows you aren't!
Post a Comment