Yesterday I volunteered to chaperon Hallie's preschool field-trip to the pumpkin patch. I brought Syd with me and since I was chaperoning, I was able to observe Hallie's class for a few minutes before we left... a.k.a. I was able to see if her friends that she talks about constantly really exist or if they're figments of her imagination. Sure enough, Gina (pictured below) and Abby really exist. Phew... no therapy needed!

I had Hallie and Broderic in my group and he was quite the talkative kid while I drove them to the pumpkin patch. When we got there, the farm owner gave the kids a class on how pumpkins grow and the stages of their growth which was really interesting. Then we piled on a hay ride to the actual patch and they got to pick a pumpkin fresh off the vine to take home.

Hallie was taking FOREVER to pick that perfect pumpkin, even Broderic said, "Hallie you have to pick one quick or they'll leave without us!"

And here's that perfect pumpkin. I know, It looks a lot like the other ten pumpkins she picked up, but all that matters is that it looks perfect to her!
2 comments:
Oh, I'm in need of a good pumpkin patch...where did you go?
We went to Kurtz, but I would recommend going to Hilger's instead because it's more kid-friendly and has a fun atmosphere. Kurtz wasn't too kid friendly and there wasn't as much to do there as Hilger's.
Post a Comment