
This is how Cameron celebrates New Year's Day: participating in our city's Polar Bear Plunge!? Every year on New Year's, our city does this "Polar Bear" plunge into the St. Joe River, ice chunks and all!!??!! They of course have ambulances nearby to treat all those stupid enough to do this... which included Cam and two of his work buddies this year, Andrew Hobson and his daughter, and Aaron Makin. Luckily the ambulances were not needed this year, and Cam claims he warmed up quick after dunking himself in these frigid waters (below), but I think that was the early stages of hypothermia since it was a chilling 14 degrees outside when he plunged into the river!?

We couldn't believe how many people participated in this Polar Bear Plunge... people of all ages, even senior citizens!??! It was kind of funny watching them run into the river after singing the National Anthem.

I don't have a video of Cam going in since we were too far away, but these videos give you a pretty good idea of how everything went down...
Here's Cam after he dunked himself in the river... The guy behind us was cheering him on saying, "Way to go Man!" Everybody kind of just feeds off of one another's energy... all I have to say is it was crazy but fun! On the way home, Hallie kept asking why he did that so I just kept telling her that he was playing a Daddy game that ONLY DADDY's DO!!
1 comment:
Oh it hurts to look!
Post a Comment