Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kids Say and Do the Darndest Things

I know I post the funniest moment of the month on the sidebar, but lately, there are just too many to share. Here are some that will make you giggle.

~ "Funny Announcement"

Hallie always announces when she has "tooted" and we always ask her, "What do you say?" So she then says, "Scuse me." The other day, we were at the zoo and Hallie announced loudly, "Daddy, I tooted!" We were surrounded by people who were eating lunch and a couple of the adults looked at Hallie with this smerk on their faces as if to say, "Been there, done that." I noticed that a few of the adults kept looking at Cameron, wondering how he was going to react to Hallie's announcement, so Cam said, "Shh, Hallie that's good but we don't talk about that okay?" So Hallie thought for a minute and whispered this time, "Daddy, I tooted." The adults who were watching nearby, laughed to themselves at Hallie's response. I guess she thought it was okay to whisper it instead of just not talking about it.

~ "Co-sleepers"

We have moved Sydnee into Hallie's room (freedom!) so they are sleeping together at night perfectly. I thought I'd try having them take naps together too the other day, so I layed Sydnee (who was already asleep) in her crib and put Hallie down as well. I went downstairs to do some laundry and I hear this faint voice in the baby monitor singing, "Twinkle, twinkle, little star..." I started to get mad because I knew she would wake Sydnee up so I started up the stairs to their room. As soon as I reached the top stairs, I hear little footsteps running for the bed... she obviously knew that I caught her. I went in the room and Hallie is squinting her eyes hard, pretending to be asleep. I told her to stay in bed and to be quiet. A few minutes later, I hear, "Mommy, Sydnee's awake! It's wakeup time!," through the baby monitor. I'm sure you figured out that they no longer take naps together.

~ "Potty Manners"

Hallie was at her friends house playing the other day and her friend went potty but she forgot to wash her hands so Hallie took her hand and said, "Here (bring her back into the bathroom), wash your hands." Her friend just sat there and Hallie yelled, "Wash your hands! You're making me mad about it!"

2 comments:

Linda A. said...

You are so blessed with two adorable girls! I love all the pictures. Isn't Hallie at a silly age? Adam cracks me up regularly and at the same time drives me nuts! Gotta love toddlers!

dodasgirl said...

very cute! luckily, all her comments are still 'cute' cause she's so cute! keep 'em coming till we come and visit- soon i promise!