Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Day of School 2012

Hallie: 1st Grade~

Hallie's in first grade this year which means all day! She was so excited to pick out her lunch box (Hello Kitty of course), and loves packing her lunch every day. The first few days of school were kind of crazy because while doing construction at her elementary school, they ran into some bumps along the way and didn't finish construction on time for the first day (or month) of school so they had to split some of the grades up and ship them off to different churches and middle schools who had room for all the students! Luckily Hallie adjusted fine and the church that her grade goes to with second and third grade is set up just like school and Hallie is loving her class.

She insisted on riding the bus with our neighbor, Grace, the first day of school and I insisted on taking her so I could show her where her class was since I figured she wouldn't remember from orientation. But I let her ride the bus and I drove the other two kids separately and met her at her school with her school supplies. I kind of spied on her to see if she really knew where her class was and sure enough! She got off the bus and knew right where to go... smart girl.


I love listening to Hallie's stories of what her and her little girlfriends talk about at lunch... hilarious!


Sydnee: Preschool~


Sydnee went to orientation last week and the parents were allowed to stay and kind of observe what they would be doing every day in preschool. I was a little nervous how Sydnee would handle being in preschool and figured she'd be shy until she felt more comfortable. But I should have known she'd be the complete opposite! She knew her teacher's name was Mrs. Sweetapple... yes it's her real name, perrrfect for a prek teacher don't you think? So we walked into the building a little late and Sydnee yells in the hall... "Mrs. Sweetapple, where are you!?" She made quite the entrance right there, and when we walked into the classroom, everyone was looking at her so she was a little embarrassed.

When the kids got to class they decorated their name tags. Mrs. Sweetapple helps Syd decorate her nametag...

Four of the ten kids in her class are in her Sunbeam class at church, including William and Grace from last year's co-op preschool we did! Syd and William show off their name tags.

 After she hung her backpack up, they had story time on the carpet and they read "Hungry Hungry Caterpillar." Every thing the caterpillar ate, Syd would raise her hand and say, "I loooove oranges!" Or "I looove plums!" And she would proceed to tell her a personal story about plums or oranges. Good thing her teacher thought it was cute! I think she'll fit in just fine.


1 comment:

Aaron and Amanda said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog!!! I love knowing what's going on in your life!! Your family is so cute! I'm glad you had a fun time at your brother's wedding. I LOVE the Denver temple. ;)