When the Stake President told us Cameron's new calling I immediately felt so proud of Cam for honoring his priesthood and being worthy of such a humbling calling then it set in deeper and deeper and I knew what this meant: I'm now a "church widow" since a lot of Cameron's time will be occupied with meetings and other church duties but the thing I fear the most is handling all three kids by myself in the pew each Sunday since Cameron has to sit on the stand. I thought, "I can do this, how hard can it be?" Well, Sydnee gave me a little glimpse yesterday of my very near future as she whined the entire sacrament meeting because Daddy had to sit up by the podium and not with her. I sat in sacrament meeting thinking, "All I wanted was to come to sacrament meeting and leave to finish recuperating from having a baby!" haha.
Since it was our first Sunday back at church with our now family of five, we took a quick family picture before church. Little did we know this picture would remind us of the day our families' lives changed for at least the next 3-5 years :) Yay for "church widows!"


2 comments:
Hey I don't envy you on the church widow thing, Cory is the ward clerk and they still have him sit on the stand every week so I feel your pain. There has been a week that I just loaded up the kids and left for home because it was so bad, but there are moments that make it all worthwhile!!! Good luck! Bentley is soooo cute!
way to go cameron! Sitting on the pew by yourself is so hard. Mo had to talk in church last sunday. I jokingly said to him before church I wasn't sure whose sacrament would be harder. His for speaking mine for having the kids by myself. I would definitely find a willing young women to come sit by you when she sees you need help. Good Luck!
Post a Comment