Friday, February 4, 2011

My Itch to Craft


I look at some of those creatively cute "crafting" blogs online and wish I had the creative juices (and time and energy) to create a blog and cutesy decorations like that but I just don't. However, I am really good at copying and recreating ideas like those on the "crafting" blogs so my friend, Ginny lit a spark under me and we got to it. She found these awesomely cute rosette balls for Valentine's Day online and we got together last night and made a couple. Here is the tutorial we followed to make them. They are pretty easy to make and are a no-brainer (and cheap!) project, however, it took about 2 hours to make this lovely big rosette that I used on top of my candle holder like so...

And here is Ginny's beautiful red rosette. Aren't they cute!?


I also attempted the Idea Room's Be Mine frame with a different twist. Instead of doing the 3D affect on the letters, I took the lazy way out and used a scrapbook sticker. Then I painted a wooden frame (from the $1 Tree) black first then white so after sanding it, you could see the black paint as well. Here's the tutorial for that and here's my finished product...


This is what I'd like to attempt to make next. In case you're wondering, I found the scrapbook paper for the framed rosette heart at Michael's in case you're itching to craft and wanted to try it!

And this craft finished off my "itch to craft" for the week. Short and sweet but so darling above Syd's crib...
I'm feeling another "itch" coming on, so if you have any more cute crafty blogs up your sleeve... please share!

No comments: