Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Addicted to Re-Purposing

I should thank my friend Ginny who introduced me to that re-purposing blog I mentioned in my last post, but my new found love for re-purposing projects is becoming an addiction so today I made one last fall outfit for Hallie and have called it quits for a while as I put my sewing machine back in it's bin and bid farewell as I had to reintroduce myself to my children again since these projects have consumed a lot of my time :( And I vow I won't touch my sewing machine until Halloween costume time, which is soon approaching already!?

But before jumping to my sad but needed farewell to my sewing machine, I of course tried some of the Make It and Love It blog's other re-purposing projects.

I turned this Hollister shirt from Goodwill (I had already started cutting when I realized I needed a before picture)...


into this long-sleeve shirt for Hallie with added ruffles on the front (sorry it's sideways)...


Here's what it looks like on. And notice the white and gray striped leggings, I made those as well from another lifeless shirt.

When you put the two together this is what you get, a dang cute fall outfit for my preschooler.

1 comment:

Maura said...

Augh! So cute. Cole is surprising me with my first sewing machine for my b-day; I am jumping over to that blog to see if there is equal cuteness for little boys...